As we get older, the body loses elasticity—increasing the chance of injuring the soft tissues and bony structures. The body also loses some of its ability to recover from injuries or strains.
The effects of ageing on the body can cause symptoms such as:
- poor balance
- general stiffness
- back, neck and arm pain
- hip and knee pain and stiffness
- arthritis and joint swelling
Osteopathic treatment can be very effective in relieving symptoms of these distressing conditions. If surgery is also required, the post operative recovery period can be prolonged and painful. Osteopathy can be extremely helpful during the recuperation period.
Osteopathy’s safe, gentle and effective techniques aim to maintain your health, increase mobility, improve balance,improve blood flow, prevent further joint wear and tear, and help keep you active and independent.
Keeping mobile is the key to your health ( we were designed to move…), happiness and independence. Osteopaths can offer treatment and advice to help harness your body’s natural healing systems—improving mobility, circulation and balance, reducing joint stiffness and helping you lead a more fulfilling life.
Osteopaths can provide:
- safe, gentle and effective treatment to keep your body balanced and mobile
- home exercises to keep you stronger and more flexible
- advice on nutrition
- guidance about outdoor exercising, such as a daily walk to keep your circulation healthy and maintain muscle tone
- advice about gentle stretches to help maintain joint and muscle flexibility and assist in preventing injuries
- information about therapies like Tai Chi, yoga or gym-based training which can maximise your balance and strength.
Osteopaths can work with other health practitioners to ensure a holistic approach to your health care.