Group mat classes are recommended for those who have no serious injuries, who like the social aspect of a class environment and who can generally commit to a scheduled time each week Mat Classes are the floor work version of the Pilates method. These classes take place in a group setting of up to 10 people using your body weight as the primary source of resistance but also including small apparatus such as hand/leg weights, pilates balls, bosu, resistance bands and foam rollers. Focus is placed on precise movements originating from the center or core of your body. Learn the fundamentals of Pilates floor exercises and the principles of breathing, concentration and coordination in a friendly, supportive environment. Improve coordination, posture, body awareness, and strength. The Mat Pilates class provides a low-impact workout for people of all ages. Classes emphasize the foundational principals of Pilates while offering modifications and variations to suit each students individual needs.
Top Benefits of a Pilates Mat Class
- Mat classes are everywhere! But the classical ideals and principles, which make for a truly challenging mat class, are mostly found at Pilates studios.
- Back Pain Relief
- Mat classes are great for realigning imbalances in the body with low impact exercises. Pilates eases stress on the spinal column and teaches you how better to hold your body.
- Pilates Mat classes will teach any beginner the principles of Pilates. Once those principles are understood in the mind and body it is ok to proceed into apparatus work.
- A Mat is included and provided at the studio
- They book fast! So schedule in advance through our online booking system